Sunday, February 20, 2011

Marriage Equality~Truth Day 18

If I could write in rainbows colors I would! If you've ever read my blog before you know what ground I firmly stand on regarding this issue. This is perhaps the most important controversial issue of our time; sadly it divides so many even among Christians. I believe this is the new civil rights movement and I pray I live to see marriage equality become legal and accepted world-wide. However, I am in contact with reality and the chances of the whole world flying the rainbow flag in my lifetime are slim to none. Just here in the US is enough of a challenge, but I do believe I will live to see the bill pass in California. At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I'll simply say that all people have the right to love who they love regardless of anything else! I 'm not politically active on this issue, but I sure respect those who are doing that work. I look forward to participating in Gay Pride celebrations in Philadelphia with Drexel Hill Baptist Church this summer. I have not been to such a celebration in many years...

No comments:

Post a Comment