Friday, February 4, 2011

Compliments/Truth Day 11

Something I have always gotten compliments on is my writing. It started when I wrote an article for the school paper in third grade, "My Baby Sister, Terry" (OMG she's pushing 50 now ;-) ) Teachers would often compliment my essays and reports. One year I got honorable mention for the annual Lincoln Day essay contest at my grade school; I remember feeling a little guilty because Mom really helped me a lot on that project! I've always kept a journal for as long as I can remember. One whole bookshelf directly to my left is full of them from age 20 to now. So here I am blogging again, which is good, but there's something even better: I've started working again on the exercises to develop the memoir that I've always dreamed of publishing. I figure there's no time like the present to make my dream a reality. I feel so good about working on it again, because it's very cathartic and the words are pouring out onto paper like someone just removed my plug! Friends throughout my life have encouraged me to keep at it; more recently my chief supporters are: my Mom, my son and my friend, Patti. Their reminders are finally paying off; winter is the perfect time to dive into this project. I'll keep you posted on my progress. If you pray, pray for me that I really finish it this time around! Thanks and God bless~

No comments:

Post a Comment